Thursday, January 5, 2012

What if....



As I was watching Rafa today I noticed he had a little extra bounce in his step. Then it occurred to me that his lack of practice time could actually benefit him towards the end of this month. It is well documented how hard Rafa practices so possibly even though he does not feel its enough it could  have been just a good tune up for the next few weeks.  Then after Australia he can get into the hard training and extended rest period at home to be ready for the main chunk of the season from Indian Wells to the Olympics. I thought he needed more of a mental break then a physical one so having to stop training to rest the physical issues that came up could have possible had a positive affect on the mental. The lack of practice to me has seemingly lower his expectations so he is playing more aggressively and freely. Looking forward to how this pans out.

No comments:

Post a Comment