Thursday, January 5, 2012

Quoteable

The reason Rafa is rolling. 
Q.  You came on court with a suitcase on wheels.  Was it for protecting the shoulder?  What was it?  Is it new?
RAFAEL NADAL:  You want the true? 

Q.  Yeah, please. 
RAFAEL NADAL:  (Smiling.)  Seriously, I forgot my bag at home.
Q.  At the hotel?
RAFAEL NADAL:  At the hotel, no.  I went on court yesterday ‑‑Majorca, the Hotel of Majorca, at home (smiling.)
So that's the bag that I bring all the, you know, computer, Play Station, everything there, all the cables, and I pulled out everything and I put the clothes there.
Another thing that's true, my pain in the shoulder is really on the top, so when I put something here is bothering me a lot.  But that's not the reason, but that's the true.  I cannot, for example, when I am having the bag on the shoulder, I cannot put one and one and put the racquet back like this, because that's bothering me a lot.
So anyway, even if I want to have the normal bag like I used today, I will do it.  Just to go on court for 50 meters, that not gonna happen, nothing, but, no, that's the new style.
Do you like, by the way (smiling)? 
He rolls on to court third after 3:30 local time in Doha Thursday for his quarterfinal against Mikhail Youzhny.

1 comment: